I'm finding the early part of my pregnancy very difficult this time around. I'm not sure if it was the same when I was pregnant with Rosalie, but during this pregnancy I have had some extreme cases of paranoia . I thought I would be all OK and fine once I heard those little thrumps on the doppler, but I am still worried all the time about this baby. Not debilitating fear, just worry.
At this point in my pregnancy, I suppose it may be because now that I have gotten over the morning sickness that so often accompanies the first trimester, I really am not having any other symptoms of pregnancy anymore. Then I have days where I feel like I'm not as fat as I was, or that my belly is softer than it was yesterday, or the fact that when I weighed myself and I have lost weight since the last time I took note of my weight (which was only about a week ago), or I think I am sleeping on my belly too often.... I keep thinking that I feel baby movement, but all of my books and apps say that it is still too early for that. I'm probably just trying to comfort myself by finding something that can tell me that everything is still alright. So now I am just itching for my next doctor's appointment on Monday to confirm that it is all really still there and baby is ok and I can hear that fabulous little heartbeat again.
it is scary!
ReplyDeleteBut I wouldn't be surprised if you felt "him" earlier than "normal"... because you know what you're looking for this time, ya know?