I expected September and October to be more hectic than they have been, and I'm a bit disappointed that it hasn't been busy.
After talking to the cardiologist last month, I figured it would be a week or two until we got dates for Dom's cath, but we are closing in on a month without hearing any plans about going to Edmonton. When I talked to Dom's cardiologist on September 8th, I had mentioned to her that Plastics were on the go-ahead with his palate surgery, so that they would need to be notified that it was on hold because of the new developments with Dom's heart, and she said she would let them know that his cath needed to be done first. That didn't happen though, and it became apparent when Dom's plastic surgeon's office called to give us dates for his palate procedure. :/ They had him all booked in to go for his palate surgery and MRI on September 24th, and I got the joyous job of telling them that all of the work and scheduling they had put it was for naught, because cardiology had put a halt on everything. At least now I know to do all this stuff myself. Don't leave it to doctors. It won't get done unless it is directly effecting them.
After telling the plastic surgeon's office to cancel everything, I got a bit worried, what if I misunderstood and I just cancelled everything that could have been done so soon? So I called cardiology to verify that I was SUPPOSED to cancel, the palate procedure, and the did confirm that I was. I then asked about timelines for Edmonton only to be told that the cardiologist I had previously spoken to was now off for a week and nothing would be booked until she was back. I planned to be the squeaky wheel when she got back, but never thought of calling while the office was open. So this week I called and started my squeaky wheel approach. Right now, it sounds like October isn't looking good for Edmonton, and November is looking far more likely. I got my word in about how this is delaying Dom's other surgery, and they said they would do their best to make it work as soon as they can. I'm hoping they are being pessimistic.
But for now we just wait and wait and wait...
No comments:
Post a Comment