A blog by a self declared book geek and snob, dedicated to everything bookish...

Thursday, November 19, 2015

Edmonton Trip #4

Sorry for the lack of updates this trip to Edmonton. I've had some technical difficulties with my own computer and thus it is in the shop and not with me on this trip. I hate blogging on my phone, so further thus, fewer updates.

Dom had his cath today and everything went fine. As long as his recovery goes as expected, he should be discharged tomorrow and depending on what time that happens it will determine whether we head home tomorrow or Saturday.

At one point I was a bit concerned that our trip to Edmonton was going to be all in vain. I found that Dominic has been extra drooly and irritable since we arrived. I thought it may be an on coming cold, as told the doctors as much during our preadmission clinic when they asked how he was feeling. The Anesthesiologist said that if it does have a cold it's enough reason to postpone his mri and cath. So if it got any worse he said don't bother showing up in the morning and just drive home because the procedure wouldn't be happening. But I wasn't even sure it was a cold! Dominic's anatomy is a bit complicated, so when he has a cold his nose drool doesn't stay in his nose because of his cleft, he just gets more mouth drooly. BUT the excess drool could have just as easily been from teething. And the irritability could very easily been because of the travelling and having his routine completely thrown up in the air. But when the doctors ask questions, I'm inclined to be honest. After the whole rigamarole, I wished I hadn't said anything. It just made everyone today ask if he was "feeling better", so the quick response was just "yes", although he technically probably wasn't sick in the first place. But all went ahead as scheduled anyway, so I don't really have a reason to complain.

We're currently adjusting to the overnight in hospital. I'm ready to rip all of these lines out of him. I'm not used to cuddling with hardware anymore, and as far as Dom is concerned they are new teething toys.

Anywhoo, with any luck we'll be home tomorrow! Wish us luck!

1 comment:

  1. Hope to see you back home soon! Glad everything seems to have gone well. Hope little Dominic is feeling ok.
    -JMc

    ReplyDelete