A blog by a self declared book geek and snob, dedicated to everything bookish...
Pages
Tuesday, March 29, 2016
The Sound of Us
America's favorite pop band, Roman Holiday, is done, dead, and so totally last year. For eighteen-year-old rockoholic Junie Baltimore, this is music to her ears. But when she discovers their sexy ex-lead singer hiding out on the boardwalk, her summer vacation becomes the cover story of the year.
She's willing to keep him a secret, but when a sleazy paparazzo offers her the cash she needs to save the bar her father left behind, could she sell out for the chance to save her future? Who is she kidding? That's a no-brainer...but she never planned on falling head over heels for the lead singer.
The choice to read this book off my "to read" list was a very concious choice. I don't remember why I wanted to read it in the first place, or where or when it was recommended to me, but it sounded pretty light and fluffy and after reading A Mother's Reckoning, I needed something light.
This book has a bit (as in one scene) of graphic sex that prevents it from being branded a Young Adult Romance, but that is really the feel I got from it. This book is basically any teenage groupie's best dream. It was extremely cheesy and corny and "not going to ever happen like that in a million years" type story. It is a romance novel, although it tries desperately not to be.
This book was pretty cute, not too much thought required to read it. I felt like every so often they were dropping little pop-culture references that I got and it made me feel good about myself (eg. "he's probably playing his gameboy. Don't want to mess up his gym matches" = He was playing pokemon. [/nerd]), there may have been more that I missed but it was a little fun.
I would recommend this one if you needed something brainless to read, but if you are going to go for Teenage Girl Romance, I would probably recommend To All The Boys I've Loved Before (and it's sequel) before I would recommend this one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment