A blog by a self declared book geek and snob, dedicated to everything bookish...

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Bookfession

I considered letting myself have a book hangover tomorrow and attempting to complete Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, but in the interests of not being miserable tomorrow, and the unlikelihood that I would complete the 200+ pages I have left, I figured I'd better just do a bookfession and give myself another day or two to finish Goblet of Fire.

See? Pretty... (sick of this statement yet?)


~*~


Sorry if this is a little tough to read, I don't understand why anyone would put white print on a yellow background, but alas...

If you have difficulty looking directly at the bookfession, it says "I buy children's books... and I don't have any children"

Of course, pre-Rosalie (and even to a point pre-Brayden), I bought children's books for myself. These books will definitely be read to Rosalie when she is a bit older. Once she can appreciate and take care of my books. The great thing is too, that many of the kids books I have bought are now out of print. Edward the Emu is a really good one, and it went out of print shortly after I bought it (and if anyone has a copy of Romeo the Romantic Rat, please let me know. It is out of print and I would pay top dollar for a copy in decent condition. I procrastinated and then it went out of print)

I have also found, during my bookstore employments, that I quite enjoy young adult and teen literature as well. So I have A LOT of books that are not adult books. I think this may also have contributed to my interest in Middle Years education rather than Highschool or Elementary... some of their literature is SOOOOO GOOOOD...

...Hence the re-reading of the Harry Potter series. :)

1 comment:

  1. So true! I often would rather read teen novels than adult ones! :)

    ReplyDelete