A blog by a self declared book geek and snob, dedicated to everything bookish...

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Bizarre Dreams

Maybe my Mom readers can help me out with this one...

When you nap while your baby naps (because you MUST, you are crazy or a superhero if you don't), do you ever wake up and have had the strangest dreams imaginable??

I was one that, prior to having Rosalie, I rarely remembered my dreams. But now I dream ALL the time and only while we nap.

Today's dream went like this...

I was up doing something in Rosalie's room (cleaning or putting away clean clothes or something), and I wasn't paying close enough attention to her. All of a sudden I heard a flush come from HER bathroom (She does not actually have an en suite bathroom for the record, but in the dream she did, and it was a very nice bathroom). I think to myself "Crap! She just flushed my cell phone down the toilet, but I walk into the bathroom and I don't see her in there, but I HEAR her from in the pipes of the toilet. SHE HAD FLUSHED HERSELF DOWN THE TOILET!...

Remember that my daughter is almost a year old and there is NO WAY she could flush herself down the toilet. She is far too big...

So anyway, I flush the toilet once and then stick my hand down the drain, and pull her out, all covered in clumps of toilet paper. And then she promptly pooped herself and it went everywhere because her diaper was all saturated from being in the toilet. But she was crying and I felt horrible for letting her flush herself down the toilet, so I kept telling her it was ok, until she calmed down... then I woke up...

...

WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT ABOUT?

Do other mom's have weird dreams? Like, is it a hormonal thing or something  Or do I just need to stop dropping acid before I nap?

2 comments:

  1. Ah ha ha ha ha ha!

    I've always remembered my dreams fairly well. Sometimes I'll go stretches where I don't remember them or they're not worth remembering, but yeah always had times when I could remember dreams.

    But the ones that bother my paranoid mother mind now, I don't even know if you'd really call them dreams, but I'd drowsily wake up in the middle of the night thinking "I forgot to put the baby back in her crib" after a night feeding and then realize she's not in my bed with me, but she IS in her crib and I'd wonder how the heck she got back there. Of course it was because I had put her there. I think this wouldn't have been a recurring thing if I hadn't been sleeping in the same room with her.

    -JMcQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^ Thank you for this. I wake up ALL THE TIME clutching my sheets and am sure I've just strangled my baby. And then I remember (a good minute or two later) that she's in her crib...

    I'm NORMAL! Phew...

    Anne- I have no idea what it means, but it's awesome, I'm glad you jotted it down so you don't forget that awesome story and I'm VERY thankful you shared it! :)

    ReplyDelete