This is slightly overdue, not because I have been done it for a while (I just finished it 3 nights ago), but because this book should not have taken me nearly as long as it did.
As my second favourite, yet longest, book in the series, Order of the Phoenix is delightful in it's loathsome characters. Snape always such a jerk, but does things to make you question if you should hate him or not, and then the addition of Delores Umbridge who is so fantastically vile... just fabulous. She is such a fun character to hate. Also, the death of a wonderful character that you love to love is totally devastating and somewhat signifies the beginning of the series' delving into a slightly older (perhaps teenage) audience.
A little historical fact about this book cover (I've mentioned it previously, but whatever), is that this is the one that made me want to get the Adult Hardcover set... Isn't it pretty? Doesn't this just make you want to read the series? Possibly for the 45th time because the cover looks so nice? Well.... I did...
Also at a whopping 766 pages, it's basically the size of a dictionary. So that's why I took this picture from a different angle than the others. So you can see how thick this book is if you aren't familiar (and also maybe to justify it a bit, and give myself an excuse for taking so long to read it...), it's pretty huge...
And pretty pretty, don't cha think? ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment