A blog by a self declared book geek and snob, dedicated to everything bookish...

Friday, August 15, 2014

The Big Day

Surgery did not happen today, which wasn't really a surprise. I figured someone would have told us prior to this if surgery was imminent.

But now we have a date and time: Monday August 18th, 2014 @ 7:00 am.

I like this because it is on Dominic's 10 day birthday, and when we first talked to the cardiologist after Dominic was born, he seemed to think that his 10 day birthday was an ideal time for surgery. He's had so many struggles lately that I was starting to hope for it to happen earlier than that. Today would have been nice, but alas, it was not meant to be. But I'll take the 18th. I also like that it is first thing in the morning. I wouldn't like to wait around all morning to have it done in the afternoon. Morning is good. It means it will be over earlier.

Granted all of this could change at a moment's notice with someone needing surgery more than he does, but we'll hope that doesn't happen.

So think of us on Monday at 7:00 am! Send all of your best wishes and thoughts!

1 comment:

  1. Thinking and praying for you! You should really look into starting a gofundme account. I am sure all your friends/blog followers would love to help you out.

    ReplyDelete