Today is the due date that I have been using since finding out that I was pregnant, calculated using the length of my cycle and the last period I had (Ugh, NOT looking forward to getting those back). This is the due date my GP and I have been using, however the Ultrasound Techs decided that I have a later due date, and my OB/GYN uses the other one... so is this my due date? Well, it's my first due date in any case.
I have never had any feelings that I was going to go early, so I am not surprised to have made it to my due date. It seems more like an inevitability than anything else. NOW I can start wondering when baby is going to show up, and after my second due date, then I can seriously expect it to start happening.
But it's still kinda weird. I feel like labour will never happen. I've been through it before, and I know that it does happen, but it feels so weird. This baby I have been growing for 40 weeks will eventually want OUT of me? Weird. All of a sudden, I won't be pregnant anymore? SO strange. And then it is likely I won't be pregnant ever again? CRAZY!
As an aside, I meant to do a whole "I'm-39-weeks-and-I'm-back-from-the-lake-and-I-didn't-have-to-deliver-in-PA!" post... but it didn't happen. I have been less than motivated to do anything lately. Basically, if my calendar has one thing booked into it, I'm tapped out. Yesterday was a prenatal massage (which clearly is the hight of stressful activities ;) ), that was the only thing I did, today was my 40 week doctor's appointment... I don't plan on leaving my house again today.
So if nesting and running around getting things ready is a sign of the baby showing up, it won't be happening soon... however if my boobs leaking at night is, then baby is on the way! (Too much information? I am beyond caring). Seriously, I haven't even packed a hospital bag yet. Figuring that I will do that when I'm in labour... and even then only because I kinda HAVE to...
So... the point of this post is... well, nothing really. I guess verifying that I am still pregnant. Nope, baby is not here yet. But from what I'm told s/he will be soon. Stay Tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment