I went to my first Book Swap today!!
I really came out better than I went in. I gave a copy of a book I was disappointed by and didn't feel I needed a hardcover copy of (Go Set a Watchman) and came out with a copy of a book I had already read and loved that was still in acceptable condition (Life After Life, I borrowed the ebook from the library). I felt a little bit guilty about taking a book I disliked, but I figured someone else may be interested, and if they don't have to actually pay for it, all the better. I figure the person that took it won't like it, but at least they won't be dropping any money on it.
Cheryl and Craig really did a great job of setting everything up and there was a MASSIVE amount of books there. I brought a couple and figured it would be a "bring two in, take two out" kinda thing, but there was so much there it was "bring whatever you want, and take whatever you want" thing instead. So not only did I get a book to add to my bookshelf, I also got a couple placed in my hands by good friends with their high recommendations and a whole bunch of new books for Rosalie (who accompanied me today, and immediately wanted to leave when we got there, but once we started picking out books to take home, she didn't want to go. That's my girl!). Any books that didn't get picked up by one of the guests get donated to the Saskatoon Symphony Book Sale. So it's going to a good cause.
Fun day! Got to see some bookstore friends that I don't see often, which is always a bonus, and I'm looking forward to next year!
Cheryl and Craig really did a great job of setting everything up and there was a MASSIVE amount of books there. I brought a couple and figured it would be a "bring two in, take two out" kinda thing, but there was so much there it was "bring whatever you want, and take whatever you want" thing instead. So not only did I get a book to add to my bookshelf, I also got a couple placed in my hands by good friends with their high recommendations and a whole bunch of new books for Rosalie (who accompanied me today, and immediately wanted to leave when we got there, but once we started picking out books to take home, she didn't want to go. That's my girl!). Any books that didn't get picked up by one of the guests get donated to the Saskatoon Symphony Book Sale. So it's going to a good cause.
Fun day! Got to see some bookstore friends that I don't see often, which is always a bonus, and I'm looking forward to next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment