It really does blow my mind how much she has learned this year. I remember prior to her starting preschool she knew that her name started with R and what an R looks like, and she'd know a few letters by sight, but now she is spelling her whole name and can name almost all of the letters. She is so interested in reading and writing that I went out and got her a couple of letter and number work books that we can do over the summer to keep her momentum going (a couple are Star Wars themed by the way, absolutely her choice I swear). She's working on counting but it's not her strong suit. She can count to 6 all by herself, and can get to 12 with assistance. It's just remembering which order they go in is so confusing! But she's getting there. It's a relief that she isn't one of those prodigies that will be doing Trigonometry in Kindergarten. I don't know what I would do with a kid that was smarter than me when they are 5. ;)
She went to her first traditional type Birthday party this past weekend, and she had an absolute blast. I was a bit worried about taking her because we haven't had that kind of birthday party for her yet, ours generally only consist of family, but she wasn't even remotely concerned about that. She really enjoys playing with other kids but is so fiercely independent that she ends up taking off on her own whenever she has the opportunity. I think she has a bit of an introvert streak in her, which is something that I am going to need to learn how to embrace being a relatively extroverted person myself.
| She is fearless when it comes to heights and slides |
No comments:
Post a Comment