A blog by a self declared book geek and snob, dedicated to everything bookish...

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Few and Far Between...

It's funny to me that my blog has drifted into what I initially expected it to be at it's conception (VAST majority of book blogs, with a few personal journals mixed in), only to find that I feel I am neglecting the personal aspect! I guess once Dominic was born I got in the habit of posting personal stuff all the time and now I feel like I am missing out on updating on Dominic. But now that he is on the move I have far less time to blog!!

Yes. That's right. My baby is a butt scooting extraordinaire! That little guy can butt scoot around our whole main floor of our house in no time. It has made him fiercely independent and keeps me on my toes. He is also pulling to a stand with very little assistance (he mostly needs help with his balance, that pesky stroke is at the heart of these problems again), and he now has a standing contraption on loan from the Alvin Buckwold Child Development Program in order to get his strength up to stand on his own without him needing to worry about his balance. We get him in it one to two times a day for about 20-30 minutes per time and he loves it.



The most exciting thing that Dominic has done recently is that he has started to use his left hand to do things unprompted. Just little things. For example he and I were playing a game on the computer where he just has to push any key on the keyboard and a little robot will do things on the screen, and he was opting to balance himself with his right hand and push the buttons with his left fist. This may seem like something so little, but it honestly had me in tears. Trust me, ALL of his therapists in every capacity know that he did this because I raved about it when it happened. It has given me so much more hope for his future abilities. Don't get me wrong, it's not like he did nothing with his left hand before, but he mostly just used it as a method to balancing, and small two handed activities (like bracing something to grab with his right hand, or clapping). So... pushing buttons is a HUGE step.

My little man is doing better all the time!

1 comment:

  1. I have been missing the family blog entries ;) even if I have heard some of the things going on, I still love reading the family stuff.

    So happy for wee Dominic! The standing thing seems cool. Kind of like the Jolly Jumper was for my little one, makes a kid feel like they're "grown up" being in an upright position.

    -JMc

    ReplyDelete