A blog by a self declared book geek and snob, dedicated to everything bookish...

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Bookfessions

I have figured out an interesting "filler" for my blog when I'm not reading anything I plan to review (ie. something I'm re-reading, like Harry Potter right now), or have anything even remotely interesting happening in my life to write about.

I came across this blog a few weeks back, when someone on facebook posted a bookfession and tagged me in it. It is currently my profile picture, but it's in the 1000s, so we'll get to that one eventually. ANYWHOO, I checked out her blog after I saw this one bookfession and realized that A LOT of them apply to me. So, I am gunna post some, chronologically in the order that she has numbered them in, if they apply to me. Plus I'll give a little explanation or story or something to go along with it... we'll see what's floating my boat that day...

I also added her to my suggested blogs on the right, feel free to check her out on your own :)

OK! So... Bookfession #1...


Reading is such a huge part of my life that I enjoy so much that I really hope I can share it with my kids. My mom and I swap books back and forth and I really enjoy discussing what she thinks of them... in fact, I do this with almost anyone that reads anything that I have read before. "What part are you at?", "Are you liking it?", "Oh good! You read the part where {insert book plot topic here}, I liked that part because..." are questions and discussions that occur often and sometimes cannot be contained. Sometimes I get a bit of a brush-off if people aren't really interested in talking about it right now, but I am relentless. We talk about it whether they want to or not. I also stalk people on GoodReads, so that I can harass them when they finish a book...

But back to the kids...

I'm doing my best to give Rosalie the opportunity to explore books, but we will have to tweak our routine a bit when she gets older so that we can squeak a book in before bed every night rather than just the occasional one that we do now (our functional routine really doesn't accommodate a book). I'm already buying her sets of books from Brayden's bookorders from school (his teacher loves me for this, I drop a crapload of money on bookorders), so that she has the staples when she's ready for them. So I am all prepared for a child that loves to read when she grows up... let's just hope she cooperates.

I'm actually not too worried about it. I have faith that as long as I can contain my book nazi, and lead my kids towards reading without pushing, it'll turn out fine. Hopefully... *cross fingers*...

No comments:

Post a Comment