A blog by a self declared book geek and snob, dedicated to everything bookish...

Thursday, July 11, 2013

100 posts!!

It is my 100 post extrodinaire!! And will probably be the most boring post ever. I'm sort of using it as a sounding board for how things are going in this first year and a bit... my thoughts about blogging... ya know... meh...

So, I started this blog in June of last year, so it took me just over a year to get to 100 posts. I'm not sure how often I really expected to blog, but I suppose I would say that seems reasonable. At first when I had a lot to say, I was posting every day and that seemed like overkill, but I start to feel guilty after a week without a post... so between 3 and 4 posts a week seems reasonable.

I have discovered that my blog has evolved differently than I expected. It's slightly more "crap I want to talk about" moreso than book reviews. 33 book reviews in 100 posts. I think this is partially because I feel an obligation to put out relatively regular posts, and I am not reading books as quickly as I used to. But that's not to say I'm disappointed with my blog. I've started to LOVE blogging. I enjoy when I have to time to sit down and type out my thoughts, I do WISH that I had more time to read more books and maybe bump the ratio from a 2:1 to a 1:1. Maybe that'll be my goal. But I don't want to post less other stuff, I just want to post MORE book reviews...

At the same time, I have noticed that people generally don't comment on my book review posts. Which I find slightly disappointing, because I interpret that to mean that people don't like those posts as much. But considering that they are intended to be the entire purpose of this blog, I am going to continue to do them anyway. So, if you don't like them, too bad! ;P

According to my statistics, I am getting, on average, about 30 views per post, or this could also be interpreted as just less than 8 views a day. This is actually higher than I expected when I started the blog, so YAY ME! I was expecting about 3 views per post, because I think initally I only thought there would be 3 people I know interested in reading my blog. So THANK YOU for reading this, and reading my blog! I know it's not the most interesting of blogs, but thanks for reading anyway!

On the topic of audience, I have noticed that there are occasional spikes in the number of views I have from Europe, and generally these are from non-English speaking countries, so I am wondering if some teacher is using my blog in her classroom and saying "Correct this Canadian woman's terrible grammar" as a way to help kids learn English.... that, or they use my blog for my impeccable grammar skills.... Or neither. But this is my teacher-brain's reasoning behind the European following. So if you are from Europe and are reading my blog: Thank you again! And if you want to post what draws you to my blog, please do! I am VERY curious. :)

I am also looking for any feedback at all about anything! So please post my weaknesses so I can work on them, or things that you think are strengths so I can feed off of those!

No comments:

Post a Comment