A blog by a self declared book geek and snob, dedicated to everything bookish...

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

A Request...

When I was heading to the lake on and off for 3 weeks, I decided I would completely stop playing Farmville and Farmville 2 on Facebook rather than trying to find an internet connection every couple of days while I was at the lake. (Shocking, I know)...

To realize why this statement is significant, you must realize that I started playing Farmville when I first started doing Facebook. It was a timekill when I was working a slow season at my Dad's office and I became absolutely addicted. I have not ever stopped playing farmville. In previous years, I would plant longer crops and then lug my laptop to the lake and rely on going to the internet cafe or mooching off of neighbours internet to get my farming fix. During the year, I would honestly cut my night out with friends short in order to go home and harvest virtual crops before they withered.

Sad. I know.

I tried not to be annoying about it. I would post things on my wall, but stopped sending requests to people once I realized that many people find it extremely annoying (it didn't take long until people notified me of the annoyance factor).

The number of times people asked me why I played it, and the thin answers I was able to provide is embarrassing. Roland would ask me almost weekly for a while until I lost it on him and told him that I know it is stupid, but I just like it! So leave me alone!

Anyway, I have stopped, and I have not gone back... YET...

Not only is it embarrassing just how much of my day was taken up by it, but also how much I don't know what to do with my time when I have a spare 2 minutes. Where I am sitting on the computer, finished checking facebook, Rosalie is playing happily... what do I do? It used to be "check my farm". Now... I refresh facebook. Nothing. I check for new blog entries to read. No new ones since last night... Look for GoodReads update.. Nada...what to do?

Just for the record I will NOT do pintrest. I clearly have an addictive personality, and I don't need a new addiction.

SO, my request. If you have a blog, post more entries (unless you post daily *coughDanicough*, in which case you are covered), OR if you have a blog, and it's possible I don't know about it or read it (if your blog is listed on the right of the web version of my blog, you're covered) tell me about it! Then I will have another one to read! OR if you have another lovely suggestion of what to do with my spare few minutes that may require I use at least part of my brain, please mention it!

Please help me keep away from my cocaine farmville addiction!!!

5 comments:

  1. Are you telling me to post more? Or that I post enough? :)

    Have you checked some of the blogs listed on my blog? :)

    And lastly... do you have the CBC/CTV apps? I check the news way more now than I ever have in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh, yeah Dani. You alone post enough. I am in awe of the fact that you have interesting things to say so often, I on the otherhand rarely have anything interesting to say :)

    I've checked out a few of the ones on your blog, but not all of them. I like the occasional blog by someone I don't know, but I have a big preference to read about people I actually like and care about.

    News Apps: I like that. That is an awesome idea. DONE! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh good! I was worried that you wanted me to post every single day, and then I'd be boring... because somedays there's just no brain activity up here... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are pretty close to posting every day Dani. It's actually quite impressive :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I imagine you must already read the wikipedia main page daily. I enjoy MuppetWiki. I haven't really gotten into reading the Wiggles Wiki yet.

    There's also Amazon. Christmas is only a little more than four months away. I'm freaking out since I haven't started Christmas shopping yet where it's usually a year-round thing for me.

    You could make a hobby of nagging our brother to update his video blog ;) Of course that would only take a couple minutes each day ...

    -J

    ReplyDelete