A blog by a self declared book geek and snob, dedicated to everything bookish...

Saturday, August 17, 2013

"I am Struggling" OR "Excuses, Excuses..."



2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Annie has read 12 books toward her goal of 24 books.
hide

At the beginning of the year, GoodReads had this thing (and still does if you have an account and are interested) where you challange yourself to read a certain number of books in 2013. It keeps track for you when you update your page, so it's really easy. Considering that I always update my GoodReads page after every book I start and finish, I thought it could be fun.

I barely read at all last year because having a baby is kinda a big time suck, and whenever she was napping I was either napping too or cleaning something, or making food, or whatever. So I made my goal 24 books in 2013, which is painfully low compared to pre-Rosalie, but is what I thought a realistic yet challenging number.

Right now (as I post this, because the above widget will change), I am at 12 of 24 books; 50%. On my GoodReads homepage, this also tells me that I am 3 books, or 13% behind schedule.

Ouch.

Before I started reading the Song of Ice and Fire series, I was 2 books ahead of schedule. But these books are so freakin' long that they are like reading two, maybe even three, books and only getting credit for one. The one I am on right now is almost 1200 pages, and I am just closing in on the half way mark.

These books are kinda killing my reading ego.

AND my blogging ego, because just the other day at my 100 post, I was saying I wanted to post more book reviews, but I can't if I don't finish a bloody book. Not to mention that a series is almost like one big long story, so by the 5th book I am pretty sure I will have little or nothing to say about it without spoilers. So be ready for lame book reviews for my next 3.

And don't try to tell me I should read something else between them, cuz I really gotta know what happens next... well,.. ok... maybe after this next one, because then I will be caught up in the Game of Thrones TV series.... maybe...

I think I might just compensate by reading five teen/young adult novels when I'm done these. That would be fair, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment