A blog by a self declared book geek and snob, dedicated to everything bookish...

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Constantly Kidding Myself

I keep finding signs of pregnancy in myself every month, and now I am becoming totally disappointed when I'm not. Not, like, totally devistated. Just disappointed.

I'm pretty sure that I'm just out of the pregnable stage of my cycle, so there is NO way I can possibly know yet... but I feel like this is the time.

I think it's because Rosalie has been giving me (or I have been legitimizing) signs that she is ready for me to have another baby, and would accept her usurption of the "baby" positing in favour of a new sibling.

Like yesterday while I was holding her with one arm and making lunch with the other, she reached down to lift up my shirt and then kissed my bare belly.

... total sign of pregnancy, right?

I wonder if youngun's can detect pregnancy the way they say dogs can? Because I had a feeling that Boca knew when I was pregnant with Rosalie before I did. So maybe Rosalie knows that I'm pregnant with her brother or sister before I do too?

1 comment:

  1. I read this post several days ago but I've been thinking about it a bit since then.

    Dogs do know something is different, they can smell the change in hormones. I would debate if they actually know what it means, but I've heard cases where they become quite protective. I wonder if it's thousands of years of being "man's best friend" that it's one of those instincts or something.

    Rosalie ... well she's not a baby anymore but smell is one of those very powerful senses and the first one to be quite useful to a baby. It's a baby's only reliable way that they identify their mother in the beginning. So maybe she does still have a very acute sense of smell that she could detect the change, like a dog, but there's no way she'd know what it means. I think more likely, with her, because she's so observant of other people (like the thing she does with people's cellphones) I imagine that maybe, if you were absent mindedly rubbing your belly in the hopes of somebody growing in there ;) that maybe she'd have noticed that and was just expanding on your actions.

    Either way, I really think that Rosalie will be amazing with a new baby. I don't imagine that she can possibly be the jealous type and I think she'll be more of a tiny helper to you than be upset about a baby.

    -JMcQ

    ReplyDelete