A blog by a self declared book geek and snob, dedicated to everything bookish...

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Sparks Fly



Angelina Morgan is a beautiful consultant who practices an ancient art form called Feng Shui. Will Scott is an all-business CEO who doesn't believe anything he can't see and touch. With the help of a meddling ex-wife, a well-meaning best friend, and a matchmaking mother, Angelina and Will are about to find out what happens when opposites attract...and sparks fly.


This was kinda an accidental read. 

When I first got the Kobo App on my iPhone, before I got my ereader, I downloaded a bunch of free books. Songs for a Teenage Nomad was one, and this was another one... I'm not even sure which other ones I had downloaded. Anywhoodle, I was waiting for some appointment or another and I didn't have my ereader, so I just decided to start reading this one. I only read it while I was waiting for appointments or was in some situation where I had a few minutes and didn't have anything else to do. SO it has really taken me about 2 months to read, even though it's only about 200 pages long.... PLUS my kobo app said that I was only 85% done when it ended, because there was a couple chapters from another of her books at the end... so I finished it without meaning to.

If anyone follows me on Goodreads, you may have noticed that this one just popped up on my "read" shelf without being on my "currently reading" shelf. That's because I wasn't even sure I was going to bother reviewing this one, just because it was so... romance-y?... but I figured if I can review 50 Shades of Grey I should be able to shamelessly review this one too. (Not even close to any erotica in this one! ;) )

This book is bordering the Romance/Chick-lit line. The subtitle on the Kobo app called it "a fun romance about the 'magic' of falling in love", and I thought it could be fun, and for free, why not? I think generally Romance novels have at least a little bit of nooky in them, and this one was totally g-rated, but it was still a bit fun.

The writing left quite a bit to be desired, and the plot was totally predictable, in fact, I often thought of how it followed the exact [thin] plot of 50 Shades without any sex... and that is probably why it was only about 200 pages instead of 500.

Nothing really to get excited about. Can't really say I'd recommend it unless you like romance novels, but it was still better than The DaVinci Code. 

No comments:

Post a Comment