Yesterday I had my 32 week doctor's appointment. I always make a point of bringing a book with me to the doctor's office if I don't need to take Rosalie with me because doctor's appointment are, of course, always late getting you in. Before I left the house I ran upstairs to get my ereader off of my nightstand, and then I dropped off Rosalie and went to my appointment. I generally get there a little early, so I was about 10 minutes early. After checking in with reception, I sat down and went to pull my ereader out of my purse.... nada. I could feel my wallet and a crap tonne of (probably expired) coupons at the bottom of my purse, but not my ereader. I figured I must have grabbed it from my nightstand only to leave it on the stairs while putting on Rosalie's shoes or something. I was annoyed with myself, but just cracked out my iPhone to check facebook and putz around... 8% battery,.. and we all know that if you are actually actively using your phone, 8% lasts about 3 minutes. So I put it away. In any other situation I would have just used that 8% to just entertain myself until my phone died, but I track my weight and baby's heartrate on it, so I didn't want my phone to die until after I got those numbers entered into it.
So I sat, glancing at the clock every few seconds. I still had 5 minutes until my appointment time. I started to get annoyed about 1 minute after my appointment time when other people were going in ahead of me (not even necessarily for the same doctor). When I forget my book, my appointment better damn well be on time!!
I couldn't believe that I had forgotten my book on the stairs. How stupid is that. So I decided to root through my purse to see I had missed it somehow. I pulled out my wallet, the million coupons (still didn't check to see if they were expired), and my small work dayplanner (forgot I had put that in there), to find my ereader nestled at the bottom of my purse. SUCCESS! I can read! Ahh what a relief!
So I sat back and read until I was called in. And after I had found my book, I could have cared less if they took an hour to get me into that appointment. Take your time! I have my book! Don't worry about me. Of course, after all of the searching I didn't even finish a chapter before I saw my doctor...
But it just goes to show you, if you have a book you will never be bored waiting for an appointment! It can change the experience from an agonizingly dull wait to a great time to get some reading in. Good times! True advantage of being a reader!
No comments:
Post a Comment