A blog by a self declared book geek and snob, dedicated to everything bookish...

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Edmonton Trip #3 update

I don't know why I think that I will have more time while I am in Edmonton. I spend so much time at the hospital that I only sleep, eat, and pump boob juice at the hotel. Oh, and shower. I shower sometimes.

Anywhoodle, to the matters at hand.

Dominic has had a great trip to Edmonton this time around. The CT scan he had back on Friday came back totally fine in every way. There is no leak to complicate his recovery or require another surgery. He was extubated shortly after, a bunch of tubes were removed yesterday, he was off most of his meds too. Then today they removed to rest of his tubes and wires except for his peripheral IV and his pacing wires, just in case ;), and weaned him off the rest of the meds that he wasn't on before his surgery.

So we are one Echocardiogram away from coming home. Assuming all goes well tomorrow, and it comes back A-OK we are as good as home.

But I'm not saying that. Not out loud. Not in a way that can get jinxed by saying such things. ;)



(This is kinda a short post. I sat here for a bit trying to figure out what else had happened with Dominic that I could write about, but everything has happened SO fast this time around, I think that I pretty much hit it all. Weird)

No comments:

Post a Comment