After being told repeatedly for 24 hours that today would be the day we get discharged we are still here in Edmonton.
So I was pissed.
I know I should be used to this by now. That I should never plan for a discharge until it happens. I should not get my hopes up and get too excited. I should never think things are going better than expected.
But I also shouldn't complain. If Dominic went home today, that would have been a full day earlier than the best case scenario we were given before his surgery.
It's just so frustrating. Dominic is superheroing this surgery. He is off all of his pain meds (with Tylenol available if he needs it) and only on the meds he was on at home before his surgery. There have not been any concerns about any aspect of monitoring he has been on. He is tolerating the volume of feeds he had prior to surgery. His incision looks great with no swelling, redness, or discharge. So why the eff does he still need to be in hospital? Their argument: he isn't on a scheduled feed system, he is on continuous feeds (Which I asked to change 3 times yesterday but it never got done). I think that's a bunch of crap. I can't help but think about how much this extra night stay would cost if we were in the United States and what a waste of a bed it is to keep him when the hospital is so full.
In any case, we should get released tomorrow. Depending on what time that happens (nothing happens quickly), we could be home tomorrow or more likely Wednesday.
Assuming no one comes up with any bullshit reasons to keep him...
No comments:
Post a Comment