SO! Third Anniversaries are either Leather (Traditional) or Crystal/Glass (Modern)... and well, I don't think that Roland would appreciate much Glass/Crystal stuff, so Leather it is! I had a few ideas right away, some were just fun to think about (think 50 Shades of Grey style. HA! No never, but it was funny to think about), others were too practical. I was considering a good pair of winter gloves or mitts, but I couldn't find any that I liked in my price range that were actually leather and not some plastic version. Then I thought about a belt, but that's not very fun... so I wandered in to The Cutting Edge in The Centre Mall, thinking that maybe I could get him a case for his utility knife, but they weren't really nice. I did like the Zombie Apocalypse Knives/Swords they had... but they weren't leather (maybe for our 6th Anniversary, which is Iron for the traditional gifts?), but I did get sold on this little beauty...
So... I know... It's kinda cheating. But the brand is LEATHERman! I think it kinda works...
BUT, it does have a leather case... or at least it looks leathery... I'm not totally sure it's actual leather... but whatever...
It's no sword, but I'm sure it will still be useful in a Zombie Apocalypse. Nothing says love like something you can easily carry around with you should Zombies attack.
LOVE my tiny little leatherman! I used to carry it everywhere with me! What a fabulous gift... good thinking! :)
ReplyDeleteAnd I had to stretch the 3rd anniversary too... I got D a wallet.. (lame) and spend the rest on big pots for the front of the house. I justified it somehow.... ;)
Good idea! I like twists on traditional gifts!
ReplyDelete