A blog by a self declared book geek and snob, dedicated to everything bookish...

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Reasons I think I'm having a Boy...

This pregnancy has been very similar to my last one, but there are a few distinct differences. And for those differences I think I am having a boy, and these are the reasons and my justifications...

1) I am nauseated this time, but not nearly as bad as I was last time. Last time I was throwing up regularly in the morning. This time, I feel nauseous all the time, but rarely throw up (fun fact: "rarely" was "only once" before yesterday. Then I got all pukey... guh! Could have gone without that on Christmas Day). I have had several girlfriends that had boys that were not sick at all with them, or got the dry heaves or nauseated feeling without the actual puking. My girlfriend that was sick the worst had a baby girl... the difference must mean it's a boy...

2) I have a moustache. I have determined that this is because my boy is getting his gonads this week and that has influxed the testosterone in my system. Thus the development of this moustache... I have yet to determine how to deal with it...

3) This is probably in the TMI area, but my farts and poops STINK! Like, REALLY bad...There is no way that this kind of a smell could be made by a girl, so there must be some male involvement.


Roland and I have determined that we are not going to find out at the ultrasound whether it's a boy or a girl this time (technically this is mostly just me, I think Roland would rather find out, but I have vetoed it). This is for a few reasons. Last time, I really wanted a girl and Roland said that he only had Y-sperms. Looking at his family, I wouldn't necessarily doubt this, but my argument was that it took us 9 months to get pregnant because my eggs were waiting for that one X-sperm. And I was right. Booya.

This time, it doesn't really matter to me. I have lots of cute little girl clothes that I would love to pull out again, some of which Rosalie never got to wear because of the season she fit certain sized clothes. We certainly have enough girl things that it would save us a lot of money to not have to go out and buy stuff that we already have, but need it not in pink. Having another girl might make my daughters better playmates than if I have one boy and one girl... However there is a certain appeal to having a little boy. I feel that it would make it that much easier to love all of my kids very differently. Brayden, being the oldest is completely different from Rose and the new baby. If Rose is my only girl her and I will do girly things together and she can be her dad's little grease monkey in pink coveralls. Then the little boy will be my baby, my little mamma's boy. So different from Rosalie how could you ever compare them? Whereas two little girls will be forever compared to one another, like me and my sister were. Another appealing point to having a boy would be that Brayden's mother wouldn't have that over me. I know it seems silly, but I wouldn't like the fact that she had been able to give Roland a son, where I couldn't. Slightly competitive? Yes. Totally ridiculous? Absolutely.

2 comments:

  1. Whoot! I totally got boy vibes from you last night when you texted me! ;)

    (And pregnancy vibes when you posted on Dec. 16th! Sorry for being a pest! ;))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like you to be able to have a boy. It would be great .... but, I'm afraid that I want to contradict you on a couple points ;)

    I didn't ever puke when my wee girl was in the oven. Nauseous yes but no puking.

    Rosalie does manage to have those "Tomyn" farts ....

    -JMc

    ReplyDelete