A blog by a self declared book geek and snob, dedicated to everything bookish...

Monday, December 16, 2013

Under the Weather...

I've been dogging it on the reading front. I really don't have an excuse other than lately I've been wanting to go to bed at about 9:00pm rather than read for an hour and go to bed at the far more "adult hour" of 10:00pm.... And I still wake up super tired. I have a feeling that on the days that I work at 7:00am this week, I may end up going to bed at 7:00pm...

Funny thing is that when I started reading this book of short stories, I was like "Sweet! This will take me no time at all! One story a night = 10 nights. Bingo-bango-bongo DONE!" But no... no, no, no, no, no...

I'm not totally sure if I am sick or just exhaused by the season, or if the super cold temperatures have just kept me inside so much that I now am starting to hibernate, or something else.... who knows...

So, FILLER POST! Another BOOKFESSION!


THIS is the story of my University life. If there was a book I REALLY wanted, such as a sequel to something I had already read, a favourite author's next book, or a REALLY enticing back cover synopsis, I would plan to eat at my parents' or live on the crappy iciban or KD that we had sitting around our house. And sometimes this wasn't necessarily a monetary issue so much as a time issue. I would often opt to read rather than go grocery shopping. For example if it's 9:00pm, and the grocery store closes in an hour, and there is no food in the house, BUT there is a possibility I might be able to finish the book I am reading tonight to start a NEW book right after. DONE! No contest.

Book beats food every time!

Now, not so much... must feed family and such. Family beats book...

Oh how things have changed :)

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm... I know of another thing that can cause indescribable exhaustion....? ;)

    ReplyDelete