A blog by a self declared book geek and snob, dedicated to everything bookish...

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Back into Preggo Clothes

Just this past weekend I started wearing my work maternity pants to my night shifts.

With Rosalie's pregnancy, I stalled as long as I could before getting into any maternity clothes. Last time, I fought with my regular jeans until it was absolutely impossible to do them up. In hindsight, this was a bit silly considering that when I put my maternity jeans on I felt like I could have slept in them they were so comfy. I am also pretty sure I was into my 6th month before I even got my work pants altered in order to become maternity pants. Now I don't know how I survived doing that, because I cannot do up the fly of my work pants at all... or if I do get it up, in about 5 minutes it's back down again. 

I am still hesitant to break out my casual maternity clothes though. Mostly, I think, because I wore out my maternity jeans last time. I probably shouldn't have worn them in the 36-40 week range, but I did because I didn't want to go buy a new pair when I could be popping out this kid any day. That also seems silly in hindsight because the plan was always to have one more after Rosalie, so I wouldn't have had to go buy new ones for this pregnancy. After I got over my denial of my growing belly, I think I started wearing my mat jeans last time when I was about 5 months along, which seemed way overdue at the time, but I don't want to jump on that wagon too early this time in fear of wearing out these pants again. I really don't want to wear out my jeans 2 months earlier than I am due and then have to buy another pair that will only get worn those last two months, because I don't plan on being pregnant again after this.

So I'm looking for indicators that you think point to the fact that I need to hop into my maternity clothes. Do you think it's just as soon as regular clothes get uncomforable? Or is it just as soon as a bump is apparent? (because we know that mat clothes flatter that bump so much!) Whaddya think? 

No comments:

Post a Comment