I haven't posted much about baby lately because there really hasn't been much to report. We had another ECHO and I have had several regular prenatal checkups and nothing has really changed. He looked at a few extra things that tend to be associated with the 22 chromosome deletion, and some of them were there (an either underdeveloped or missing thalamus gland), but many of them were not (more severe and minute heart defects, he says it's the same as when we saw it before). We did find out that for Baby's heart defect we will need to go to Edmonton for the surgery, so that's a little stressful for about a million reasons (monetary issues, will Roland be able to get the time off work, will Rosalie come with us, etc...), but that's just something we will have to deal with when it happens. Too many other things will happen before that. So we're just chugging along here, growing baby as long as s/he wants to before kicking me into labour, which doesn't seem like will happen before any average pregnancy would.
But at my regular 36 week prenatal appointment today my doctor said something that I found really comforting. After taking my vitals, measuring my belly, and listening to baby's heartbeat she said "ya know, if you had never had that second ultrasound we probably never would have known that there was anything wrong with this baby. Your pregnancy is so textbook". I really felt good when she told me that. First because it means that I am doing well growing this baby, and also because, I think, that means that this baby is healthy and happy and doing well. Hopefully that will mean that this baby will flourish once s/he is born and perhaps the stay in the NICU won't need to be long.
Fingers crossed! (as always)
I was wondering what the doc was saying about how you were doing, especiallysince those few appointments where you were measuring so far ahead. Glad things are looking ok!
ReplyDelete-JMc