*I am quite proud of this blog post title... sounds like a good book or movie title. If I ever write a book, I will try to title it this*
Today was the last ECHO appointment I will have before baby is born. S/he will have one right after s/he is born, but I will not have to do it again. Hurrah.
Still a lot of the same findings. Can't see some things, saw some things better this time, still uncertain of whether baby will need heart surgery in the first week-2 weeks of life or 3-4 months. All of that will now be determined within the first 24 hours of when baby is born. So now we just wait and see.
Good news is that there still doesn't seem to be any reason that baby needs to get out early, so I am officially waiting for spontaneous labour to begin to determine this baby's birthday. The doctor saw the Thalamus gland today, so it's there, but it's underdeveloped and he couldn't see much blood flow to it. I still think that is better than not having one... so I'll take it as a positive.
Now I really should start, ya know, preparing for this baby's arrival. I seriously haven't done a thing. Hospital bag is not packed, we have not painted/moved any of the kids bedrooms yet... time to get my butt in gear!
I was wondering what the time frame was for when the heart surgery would be. Good to know that they will decide based on how serious it is.
ReplyDeleteHurrah for baby deciding their own birthday! Who wants to be induced anyway? No one in their right mind, really.
You know... I was just thinking tonight that you really could have the baby anytime now. As I sat at work, I thought, "oh geez, Annie could be having the baby now and I might not know!" I don't think I was entirely serious about it, but the thought crossed my mind. ;)
-JMc
Just getting to a computer now after months of phone-only! So sorry to hear that things are stressful! Thinking of you and your little one. Can't wait to hear about his/her arrival! Take good care! :)
ReplyDelete