A blog by a self declared book geek and snob, dedicated to everything bookish...

Friday, June 14, 2013

I May Have Pissed Off the Rain Gods....

... or made them VERY happy. I'm not totally sure which...

I am doing a charity bike ride tomorrow to raise money for the Saskatchewan Children's Hospital Foundation with a bunch of people from work... and now there is a rainfall warning of 50 - 80 mms. So... that'll be... fun...

I mean, I knew that the Weather Network has been forecasting rain for Saturday since last weekend, but I was hoping it would change, as it so often does in Saskatchewan. And then I went and made a claim of loving rain, and now it is going to pour for 3 days straight.

Not that I am complaining. Had this been another weekend where I was NOT riding my bike 130 kms I would have been stoked. I would probably be able to make a pretty hefty dent in this massive book I'm reading, but there is too much going on this weekend and I won't have tons of time to read unfortunately. I can make a small dent, but not a huge one.

Hmm... I wonder if I'll need a canoe instead of a bike tomorrow... Anyone in the mood to build an arc? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment