This is the title of a song by the band Garbage that came out when I was in highschool. I was a somewhat reserved fan of the song then, but I have always loved the title. Although it isn't entirely true of me, I do think it holds some weight.
I am not ONLY happy when it rains, but I do enjoy a good rainstorm, thunder too if it comes to that. So many people complain when we get too many rainy days in a summer. It's like we really didn't get a summer this year they say. I disagree. I don't like +35 weather every day, even if I am at the lake. I like a good indoor rain day. And I'd rather have a rainy indoor day, than a chilly, overcast, rain-free indoor day. The rain makes everything nice and green, and I also have every excuse to stay inside and read. Which is basically what I am doing today. (I'm reading the A Song of Ice and Fire series, I'm loving it, but Game of Thrones is a large book, and is taking me longer than expected, so this rainy day will be put to great use ;) ) Rainy days are a book lover's delight I tells ya!
The above picture was taken out of my patio door today. It's a shame it's so hard to get a good picture of the rain, because when I took this it was pouring! But it just looks wet... you can see a few of the drops on the deck though, but it looked white with rain when I was sitting at the computer.
The following picture is from Saturday. I had been BEGGING for rain for weeks, and it took a while to show up. It was supposed to rain Friday, but this one is from Saturday morning. Roland was complaining because he would rather it be rainy on a weekday instead of ruining his weekend, but I was just happy it was raining. Period.
I guess it's a bit against the norm to love the rain SO much, but I suppose it's all in balance. If it rained EVERY DAY ALL SUMMER, I would lose my mind. But if it were to rain one day a week all summer I would think it was the best summer ever. Like, a REAL downpour rain, not, like, a little 5 minute shower. That's balls... Although I like the occasional sun-shower too...
I think Kauai has the best weather ever because it rains almost every day there. If it rains during the day they are almost always sun-showers, and it would rain almost every night and then smell SO fabulous the next morning. Everything smelled so clean! Whereas in Saskatoon, the rain just makes it smell like wet city. But I suppose that is still better than dusty, dry city.
Rain, Rain... [bunch of omitted lyrics].. come again another day!
Probably should move to an island.
ReplyDeleteLike this one.
:D
I'm with you. I love me some sun.. but a day devoted to rain (much like today, though I could use a bit more.. ;)) and books and cozy couch moments are divine!
ReplyDeleteI would also rather smell clean wet asphalt than dusty, dry city. Can't WAIT until our streets get cleaned! :(
I enjoyed the rain last week very much since it was the first time since the snow melted that I could breathe! I'm in the club of loving the rain too. I like having the the excuse that "my garden needs it" too, but the breathing thing beats all others. Though, I think that might have been helped by the city sweeping the streets, which, I know they started, but at this point I think they've forgotten about :\
ReplyDeleteLast night was fun, I had to run up to the roof and check the satellite dish at work because the signal went out, well it went out because it was coming down like crazy and thunder and lightning. I was soaking wet when I came back in, and honestly, I didn't mind too much, it was pretty funny. Well it would have been if everything at work wasn't a complete disaster.
-JMc