A blog by a self declared book geek and snob, dedicated to everything bookish...

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Can't be this early can it?

Yesterday is the first time I can say I "feel like" I'm pregnant without actually knowing.

I had had this weird crampy feel in my abdomen all day that has continued into today. I googled it (which is what any self-respecting internet addict would do), and it says that spotting or cramping can be a sign of pregnancy...

Or could it also just be the build up to my first period after getting the IUD removed? I figure, with the mechanics of it all, it is likely that a bit of trauma was caused to my uterus having an foreign object placed in it order to prevent my uterine lining from building up. Plus it wasn't exactly easy to get removed. Far more painful than getting it put in.

Pregnancy seems unlikely, but maybe I just feel that way because it took us about 8 months to get pregnant last time. Not that we were trying then (and we are not really trying this time either). But how much do you want to bet just because I am not expecting it to happen immediately it will.

This is probably a post that will get deleted if I am not pregnant. But I won't know until I take a pregnancy test and that won't happen until I can be sure that I have missed a period. So, if I am right, this is like the "check it out, I'm AWESOME" post that will preceed the absolute freakout of the "Oh my god, I'm not quite ready for another one yet, but I thought it would take a while" post...

No comments:

Post a Comment