*NOTE: I noticed a lot more people checked my blog after the news hit about one of the following "certain someones", I figured that it is because a lot of people knew that I knew him, and were wondering what my response was. So here it is. It's a few days late because I really did have to think about how I felt and how to voice everything I was feeling. For those who already know who that person is, or perhaps the other one, you may understand this post better, however, I have no intention of giving names out. So don't ask. *
And by terrible, I mean that I see the best in everyone.That, or some people are extremely good at hiding their questionable morals.
In the past 6 months, I have had two people in my life get themselves into positions where their job was threatened (or sacrificed) and their credibility called into question. One of them was simply a coworker, but one I was familiar with, even if no longer friendly. The other is a person I would have considered a friend. Neither of these people would I have guessed in a million years would have done what they did. One was relieved of her position a couple months back, the other is on leave until his court case is settled.
I do not understand how these people can pull the wool over my eyes so harshly. These two people could have easily put my life or members of my family's lives at risk in one way or another. Yet prior to these incidents, I would have gladly let these people into my home.
Am I the type of person to fall into the clutches of a charismatic person? Just like Nazi Germany did. Or is it that they seem like nice people because they need to make up for the bad things they have done? Or does that niceness help them to commit these questionable actions and I should just learn to not trust anyone?
Ugh.
For the record, I also realize that these things that happened are not really about me. I am only on the periphery of these events... but still. It goes to show you how the action of one person can effect SO many people.
I have no idea what your commenting about ... so... yeah!
ReplyDeleteI have the same problem. I always want to believe the best of people. I feel like nobody would want to do bad things, but it's usually a misunderstanding or something. But I guess there are sone people that do stupid things just for kicks or whatever.
I can think of one example of a person in particular that while I'm talking to them they seem very genuine and they're personable enough or something that I just believe everything they say. Then I walk away and think "he just lied to me to my face". The stupid thing is that I'll believe the conversations I have with this person time and time again and until recently I would always fall for it. I don't know what it is that I can't just wake up and smell the coffee!
Maybe it has something to do with growing up in a rather sheltered life?
-JMc
**gasp!** In my very first sentence I made a grammatical error! Please forgive me! Blame it on making posts from an iPhone when I can't go back to correct my typing very easily -_-
ReplyDelete-J