A blog by a self declared book geek and snob, dedicated to everything bookish...

Monday, September 29, 2014

An Update (but not really)

I feel that I really need to keep everyone in the loop because so many people are interested in knowing about Dominic's recovery and prognosis, but in reality not really too much is going on right now.

Dominic is still in RUH. I have been going to see him every morning and every evening and I take off the afternoons to spend with Rosalie (which partially consists of napping, which apparently only I can get her to do regularly).

Dominic is on the mend. He's getting better every day. Last week we started getting him to orally feed some of his food rather than having it all put through his feeding tube. This has been a bit of a struggle for him, because prior to this the only time he as  even attempted feeding from a bottle was when he was a day old, and it didn't go super well. The first few days of this new attempt he was only able to get about 5mls at a time, lately he has been getting about 15mls orally. So he's slowly improving, but since his full feeds are 65mls he's not to the point where he could go home. This is one of the hurdles we need to get over before they will consider it.

We still don't know about when he will be going back to Edmonton for sure, or which procedure will be undergone... He's up to being about 9.5 lbs...

... really, I don't know what else to tell ya! He'll keep improving, and we'll know soon enough about where this road is taking us.

No comments:

Post a Comment