A blog by a self declared book geek and snob, dedicated to everything bookish...

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Home Bound?

On Sunday we got the unofficial all clear that Dominic was good to head back to Saskatoon on Monday. Yippee!! HOME! I couldn't wait!! We packed most of our stuff, went to get a cooler to pack my (ridiculous amounts of) breast milk, and kinda made a plan for how things would go down if Roland wasn't at the hospital yet and we were notified of the transport.

I could barely sleep Sunday night. I was so excited. I was already visualizing my home town reunion with Rosalie. I was basically giddy when Dominic fussed because it gave me something to do other than stare at the ceiling with a dumb grin on my face and think about going home.

I was up at the ass crack of dawn, enthusiastic about Rounds and what they would tell me. Surely there would be a bed for him in S'toon! So I waited, and WaItEd and WAITED, and they didn't come all morning. The ONE DAY I was eager to hear what they had to say at rounds, they started on the other side of the unit, which might as well be the other side of the hospital... or city... or country.

Finally about 1:00 they got to us, telling us that he's been cleared to head back to Saskatoon, but right now there are no beds available for him. UUUUUUGGGGGGHHHH! I was SO looking forward to going HOME. I thought I might cry if they told me we weren't going back, but I was just happy he was now officially cleared to go. UAH is in contact with RUH and things are on the go, but I am still in a rush to get him out of here, it seems like they always find something at the very last minute and I don't want to stay second longer than I have to. I do want him to be very stable cardiac wise, but at this point I just want to go home so badly. If he ends up having to be transferred back next week because of something they missed before sending him home, so be it. I just want that week at home.

Tuesday update: we are tentatively, unofficially slotted to depart at 2:30 from the hospital... Fingers crossed! (Again)

Tuesday after rounds update: There is still no available beds at RUH, but they are going to get back to UAH at noon to clarify. I JUST WANT TO GO HOME!!!

Tuesday at 12:30pm: We are set for transport at 2:00pm. The rush is on! I hope it's for real this time!

Tuesday at 1:30pm: there are maintenance issues with the plane. Rescheduled to depart at 10:00pm. This is getting absolutely rediculous. The fates really don't want us to go home.

Tuesday at 6:00pm: now we are being told sometime between 11:00pm and midnight. This is putting Roland to the point where he might be getting home at 5:00pm.

Tuesday at 9:00pm: leaving at 12:30am supposedly

P.S. This is kinda a weird post because I have been disappointed so many times with the hope of going home, only to have something get in the way. So I am writing this stating the day of the week that I am writing on rather than writing "today" so that I won't have to change much. Also I don't want to jinx anything. But know my plan is to just post it as we are getting on the plane to come home, so if it seems unfinished, that's why. So know that when you can see this post we are either on our way home or home already. (Yahoo!!)

P.P.S. I hate blogging on my phone.


2 comments:

  1. Are you home now? Did you leave at 12:30? This felt like a cliffhanger! I hope all went well with the trip home! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh. Well I'm glad you finally did get home. I only heard part of the back and forthing of yesterday. Hopefully sometime soon you can reflect on this and it'll be funny, or maybe now since you're back and it's all over.

    (Oh, and I inderstand the phone blog thing -_- Totally irritating, but for me almost 100% of my posts are from the phone...)

    Can't wait to see you!

    -JMcQ

    ReplyDelete