WARNING: First RANT post...
I go for walks almost everyday with my dog and my babes. There is an area known as a bufferstrip that surrounds my neighbourhood. This bufferstrip is mainly greenspace, but some areas have paved walkways. For our short walk we go just to the non-paved areas. This is how that area looks...
There is one part of this greenspace that gets wider, and I like to throw the ball for Boca in this area (if anyone works for the city and is capable of giving out tickets for off-leash dogs, Boca is on a leash. It's an invisible leash that is about a million miles long... so... you can't see it in this picture... but it's there....so... yeah... you can't ticket me). The other day, the part where the path gets wider looks like this...
Now we enter the bufferstrip from pathway that is on the other side of this sign. There was no posting there, so I continued on about my way. If you look in the above picture, there is a line of pylons in this picture. I stayed on what is the left side of them in this picture.
These are my questions.
1) Where do you figure I should have been? On the left or right of the pylons? There is no indication of this in any way near this sign. I do not know where the work was being done, but there were trucks on either side of the pylons.
2) Are these not traffic signs? There is no public traffic through this area, only foot traffic, so why would they put these kinds of signs in this walking area? and not at all accesses to the area?
3) If this is indeed a traffic sign, wouldn't that imply they should notify me some way that they are doing this to a route I use often? Maybe one of those blinking signs that say "Construction on bufferstrip to begin May 31. Expect Delays...
This is just dumb and annoying in my opinion...
No comments:
Post a Comment