I came to this conclusion while perusing other people's blogs. Many people have a list of links to other peoples blogs that they are reading (like my section on people who inspired my own blog), so I was going through, looking at many of these blogs and one of them was called "You're Kidding... right!?". It is all about a woman who is pregnant and she is doing a weekly blog about her thoughts and changes and everything. Now that I have had my little munchkin, I have absoloutly no interest in other people's pregnancies. I basically read maybe one paragraph before I clicked away being slightly annoyed. Why? I don't really understand what provoked this response to someone else's joy. Also when I was in prenatal yoga, and started a new session, there were a bunch of women that were in the first and second trimesters, when we talked about our pregnancies I had to conciously not roll my eyes at things that they said. What the hell, eh? I loved my pregnancy, and talked about it ALL the time. Almost exclusively. I tried to avoid putting things on Facebook, early on I figured that there were too many people I don't know well enough on FB that I didn't need everyone knowing about her, but that REALLY didn't work out. Also, after she was born I told myself not to post pictures of her... NOPE! I post tons now. I am still sticking to not having her as my profile picture... we'll see how long that lasts.
And, just so all the people that DO know me know, this pregnancy thing does not really apply to you. I DO love hearing about your pregnancies when I know you! I still find that interesting because it's about YOU. But all of these people I don't know and will never get to meet their babies... pah... boring.
Anywhoo, I'm sorry I'm a hypocrite. I'm sorry if you've been on the receiving end of this. I will attempt to be a little more aware, and perhaps I can curb that horrid trait I have acquired at some point...
~*~
In the spirit of being a hypocrite, I am posting a review I wrote on a book that I normally would not admit to having read. At this point I would also like to point out that I have read lots of Sophie Kinsella's books (which is referenced in this review), also, not something I generally admit to. Not that there is anything wrong with them... it's just the snob coming out in me.
This is the story of how a haughty former sorority girl went from having a household income of almost a quarter-million dollars to being evicted from a ghetto apartment... It's a modern Greek tragedy, as defined by Roger Dunkle in The Classical Origins of Western Culture: a story in which "the central character, called a tragic protagonist or hero, suffers some serious misfortune which is not accidental and therefore meaningless, but is significant in that the misfortune is logically connected.
Very Sophie Kinsella-esque... except that it's all actually true... or a version of the truth. Quick summer read. Not for anyone that wants a very in depth, emotionally moving read. It's fun and funny.
Don't Forget! Post your own reply on the blog entry It's Been One Week! and you could win a prize! Draw date is June 17th! Only 3 days left!
This is the story of how a haughty former sorority girl went from having a household income of almost a quarter-million dollars to being evicted from a ghetto apartment... It's a modern Greek tragedy, as defined by Roger Dunkle in The Classical Origins of Western Culture: a story in which "the central character, called a tragic protagonist or hero, suffers some serious misfortune which is not accidental and therefore meaningless, but is significant in that the misfortune is logically connected.
Very Sophie Kinsella-esque... except that it's all actually true... or a version of the truth. Quick summer read. Not for anyone that wants a very in depth, emotionally moving read. It's fun and funny.
Don't Forget! Post your own reply on the blog entry It's Been One Week! and you could win a prize! Draw date is June 17th! Only 3 days left!

No comments:
Post a Comment