A blog by a self declared book geek and snob, dedicated to everything bookish...

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Two Weeks, a deadline, and blogging realizations...

So it was brought to my attention that I had the word verification option setting enabled, which hinders people attempting to post comments, and I also had it set up so that you had to have a google account to post comments. These are things that happened because they are the default settings and I never bothered to change them. My bad.

SO because I didn't realize this, AND I still want to bribe people into reading and posting on my blog so that I know who's reading, I'm extending the draw for the gift card another week. (Sorry Erin, you don't get to be the winner by default... unless no one else posts again this week.) So the draw will take place on June 24th at approximately noon. Post on either this post or the It's Been One Week post and you are entered to win.

AND YAY for my two week birthday of blogging! You may have noticed I slowed down a bit. This is for a few reasons 1) my life is just not that interesting 2) I'm running out of previously reviewed books that I've written a decent amount on (0f the 247 books I have listed on GoodReads, I have only reviewed 19, and my early reviews are only a couple of sentences long :/)  3) I still haven't finished my current book yet. And last but not least 4) I was informed that posting every day is a little intense, and may scare people away. SO, I'm toning it down a little.

Happy Father's Day!

~*~

Random Book choice again. Read this one after a good friend read a bunch of us an excerpt from the book and had difficulty getting through it because she was laughing so hard. Plus it was one of the favourites of one of the guys that work at McNally, so I thought I would give it a go. I didn't regret it.


Everyone knows about the immaculate conception and the crucifixion. But what happened to Jesus between the manger and the Sermon on the Mount? In this hilarious and bold new novel, the acclaimed author Moore shares the greatest story never told: the life of Christ as seen by his boyhood pal, Biff.

I love this book! SO funny! A knowledge of Christian mythology is not required, but would be useful. I don't know squat about the Jesus story and I still found it enjoyable! But I see that I could have gained a bit more out of the book had I known the background story.

3 comments:

  1. Hey! Where is the giveaway? I'll enter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! This is the only book I have ever read twice. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete