A blog by a self declared book geek and snob, dedicated to everything bookish...

Friday, November 23, 2012

21st, 22nd, and 23rd

Day 21: A self-portrait.

Nope. Next...

Day 22: What I love about my job.


Staying at home and raising a baby is the best job ever!! Not a career, mind you, but something if you have the means to do at least once in your lifetime, I highly recommend. For those who do not want their own children, nannying would also work I think. Watching this little person grow and learn so fast is amazing, their giggles are contagious, their smiles melt your heart... best ever.

Now, if you consider "job" as employment, then I have to talk about the jail... the best part about jail is... hmm... the paycheck and the majority of the people that work there. Most of them are fabulous, FABULOUS people.

Day 23: Eight things you didn't know about me.

Wow. Eight? Ugh. I'm a pretty open book, so this might be a bit tough. Especially because the people that know me are the ones that read this I think... Ok... here goes...

1) The moment after I ate my first pomegranate seed, I was hooked. Just call me Persephone. I would SO be tied to the underworld for this. I am eating a pomegranate right at this very moment. Their not in season nearly long enough. I'll have to go into detox in the spring...

2) I have had MAJOR body image issues since Rosalie was born. I don't think I will ever be able to wear a bikini again and I am jealous of those who can pop out a baby and wear a bikini without having reconstructive surgery..

3) Before I had Rosalie, I thought I was a pretty awesome puppy mom to Boca. After she was born, I have become a terrible one. Now that it's winter, Boca is lucky if she gets walked 3 times a week, but more common is maybe once a week. I really do try and almost every day I plan to walk her, but a lot of the time it doesn't happen because other things end up coming first. Like laundry after Rosalie has had a massive, explosive poo...

4) Although I hate feet, I wash mine A LOT, and given the opportunity, I will give myself pedicures. I have the best kept, yet hated, feet in the world...

5) I enjoy playing Farmville WAY too much on Facebook. When Roland asked me why I bothered, I honestly had no explanation. I do not know why I like it but I do. At least I don't schedule my life around when I have to harvest my crops anymore. ;)

6) By bestie was living with us for 6 weeks and just went home a week ago and I cried when she left. I didn't think I would be as effected as I was, I mean, she's been living there since May, but this time hit me WAY harder when she left. Maybe it seems more permanent now. I know she will never come back to live in Saskatchewan, and that kills me a little, I think.

7) I have great intentions of maintaining contact with people when they move away, but I really suck at it. There are people that I absolutely love living all over North America and I barely email or talk to them ever. This makes me feel like a terrible friend.

8) I caved and read the rest of the 50 Shades of Grey series. I SO didn't want to, but I HAD to know what happened next. THey are stupid and awful and I would never recommend them to anyone, but I couldn't stop myself. I had intended on taking that to the grave. The only person that knew was Roland and my bookstore friend Sarah. Roland busted me reading them, and Sarah mentioned that she was reading them when he was around and he was like "Didn't you read all of those?"... after that I made him swear he would tell no one else. Ew. I feel gross just thinking about it.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you. More power to avoid those books! :)

    And blast! I should've posted this on the last post with your "what did I wear?" photo. You look fabulous. Your body just did one hella-amazing thing.

    ReplyDelete