Day
10: A favourite recipe.
Lemon
Roast Potatoes
4
lbs potatoes (8-10)
1
cup water
1/2
cup lemon juice
1/3
cup melted butter (or Olive Oil)
3
cloves garlic minced
2
tsp salt
2
tsp oregano
1
tsp pepper
Peel
potatoes (optional) and cut into cubes. Place into a 9"x13"
baking pan (I just use a cassarole dish normally) Whisk together
water, lemon juice, butter, garlic, salt, oregano, and pepper. Pour
over potatoes, turning to coat evenly. Bake at 325, gently turning
occasionally to keep potatoes moistened for about 90 minutes or until
potatoes are very tender and most of the liquid has evaporated. Makes
8 generous servings.
I
half this recipe regularly, because with only 3 of us the full recipe
is too much. But for potluck's it's great! It also goes with pretty
much everything, so it's a good go-to side dish. :)
Day
11: Three years ago today.
I
had just started working at the jail, so I was probably in training.
If you want this to go from Remembrance Day, I was probably not
working because of the holiday, and I think we watched Valkaryie that
year...
Day
12: The last item I purchased.
Yesterday
I bought groceries, I think the last thing on the conveyer belt was
the Christmas Oranges... but if you want something more fun, the last
fun thing I bought was online. I bought a Christmas outfit for
Rosalie, and she is gunna look DAMN cute in it, and I also bought a
couple of sleepers because they were dirt cheap from the same site,
including her christmas sleeper, which she will also look DAMN cute
in :)
Day
13: Something I'm proud of.
It's
hard to just pick one. I am proud of so many things in my life.... so
I am gunna stick to three...
- I am proud of my little girl, who grows so much every day, and I am convinced she is going to be a genius.
- I am proud of my stepson, who has come such a long way since coming to live with us and coming from such a crappy situation.
- I am proud of my puppy, whom I love to bits and is being so good with having Rosalie around, even if that means she misses the occasional walk.
Thanks for posting that recipe! Those potatoes are freaking delicious!
ReplyDelete