A blog by a self declared book geek and snob, dedicated to everything bookish...

Thursday, January 9, 2014

16 Books Becoming Movies in 2014

Good Ol' Facebook. I don't know how I would keep in the loop about certain bookish things without Facebook. Granted, it's not as "first hand" as it was when I was working at the bookstores, but it'll do.

A [facebook] friend from Education posted this article to her wall:
16 Books to Read Before They Become Movies in 2014

I did one for last year HERE if you are interested in re-reading that one. There are a few repeats, it seems common for production companies to pick a release date and then change it to WAY later. Actually, now that I count, there are SIX films on last years list that are also on this years'. That seems a little ludicrous. Creating anticipation perhaps?

Few good lookin' new ones though (DANI!! - The Giver with Jeff Bridges? How do you feel about that ;) ) We'll just have to wait and see though. I thought I might want to see Divergent until I saw a trailer for it, now I have no interest.

It's actually kinda funny that I look at these lists, and read these books assuming I will see them in the theatre, when in actuality I have seen so few movies this year it is actually unlikely I will get to see any of these before they come out on Blu ray anyway...

1 comment:

  1. YES!! I can't remember when I heard about it.. but I'm PUMPED! Except that I want movies for the entire series! :)

    ReplyDelete