A blog by a self declared book geek and snob, dedicated to everything bookish...

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

170 bpm!!!

AHHH! What a relief!

I know I kept telling myself that it would be OK if it wasn't there, it's still a little bit early and even if it is a blighted ovum, we would be ok. We would try again. It would be fine.

But the truth is that I would have been devastated. I would have picked my Rosalie up from my sister's, (while saying that I was fine and putting on a happy face), brought her home and hugged her while I cried... if she would let me. I would have tried to be OK with it. I would have reminded myself that it was not my fault, that these things happen and that it wasn't the end of the world... But I still would have been upset. Who wouldn't be?

But 170 BPM! (btw, that little heartbeat on the doppler is one of my favourite sounds in the whole world, right behind Rosalie's giggles and Brayden's full out belly laugh) That is faster than what Rosalie's was at 12 weeks. She was at about 160.  If the old wives tale is correct that means we are having another girl. I've been feeling like I've been cookin' a boy, but when the rate was so high, I couldn't help but be pleased if it is a girl. This just proves that either way, I will be happy.

So excited! Squeeeeeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment