Now that we have heard our little one's heartbeat, I feel that we really can start telling people, but I'm not totally sure how to do that.
It won't be like last time, this time, I don't want to walk into a room of people I know and just be like "GUESS WHAT!..." But I don't really want to seem like I'm hiding it either. And I have a "first to know" pact with a friend that we created when we realized that we were always the last to know anything in our circle of friends. We always tell eachother the big stuff first, or at least not last. So I am hoping that I will have an opportunity to tell a big group of friends while she's there, because I have a feeling I won't get to tell people if I fire her a text telling her so. So... there's that... After I tell that group of friends is when all of these past preggo posts will be made available. So when you are reading this, you will know that I came out to that crew of friends...
A few people do already know. We did tell Brayden first and he didn't seem exactly excited, but he was very positive and we've included him in conversations about names and stuff and he has great inputs and contributes without prompts, so that's really good. If he's choked about it, he's hiding it really well. But I think he's just Roland's son and doesn't show tons of emotion, even if he is really happy.
Both sets of Grandparents and Great Grandparents know, of course.
My best buddy Erin was here for Xmas and I told her then, because more than likely she won't be able to stay with us the next time she is in town. Our spare bedroom is getting turned into Brayden's room, and Brayden's old room will become Rosalie's room before the baby comes. But that worked out OK because Erin's cousin was saying how she would like Erin to stay with her sometime, so we're not really leaving her high-and-dry.
Last night I went out with my Film Club (saw August: Osage County, total recommend!), and when people asked what's new I just told them "I got to hear my baby's heartbeat today!" and so that's how I came out to them. I'm hoping something similar happens with all of my groups of friends... otherwise it might be a while before I tell people. It may even get to the point of me having a huge preggo belly and that being the ice-breaker.
We'll see! There will be no big Facebook reveal, so people will just find out when they find out.
No comments:
Post a Comment