A blog by a self declared book geek and snob, dedicated to everything bookish...

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Potty Training!

Ok, so this has been going on for a while now. We set up Rosalie's Potty up in my bathroom back in October because she was constantly in there with me anyway, so why not have a potty for her in there?

From October: When she is 16 and finds out I posted this picture on the internet, she will probably kill me, but I think it's cute.
She was always interested in sitting on it, and flushing the flusher (it doesn't actually do anything, just makes clicking noises), and playing with the toilet paper holder, but wouldn't actually go to the bathroom on it. I wouldn't say we pressured her or anything, she just sat on it when I needed to go, but when she didn't go it was fine.

Then YESTERDAY happened! We went into my bathroom for my morning potty break, and I sat her on her potty, but then she stood right up again, I sat her down again, but she started to cry,.. AND PEE! So I quickly sat her down again and she was mad, but then the potty started to sing (there are connectors in the bottom of the bowl so that when they are connected by liquid it sings!), and I clapped and said how good she was and handed her toilet paper so she could wipe (she already wipes herself after she pees in her diaper, it's her favourite part... and I wiped up the pee that got on the floor). She still wasn't enthused, but I think she gets the idea now. I'm hoping this is the start of her actually understanding what the potty is for and not that it's just another toy.

I'm hoping this is the start of a positive relationship, but Roland asked her if she needed a diaper change last night, to which she didn't respond, and then asked her if she needed to go to the potty, to which she vigorously shook her head. So maybe it's not so positive yet... but we'll get there! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment