A blog by a self declared book geek and snob, dedicated to everything bookish...

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Today is the Big Day...

I am officially coming out of the Pregnancy Closet today!

But, things haven't gone entirely according to plan...

Being that I wasn't hiding my pregnancy anymore I came out to a bunch of people at work. It got around not necessarily "quickly" but it did hit people that I wanted to personally tell before I had the opportunity. The girls that I told knew this... but... sometimes the excitement gets to everyone, and when you have a secret you just want to tell it, even if it's not your own.

But that's fine. If it was a big deal, I wouldn't have told anyone at work before my girls get together. I wanted to tell this whole group of friends together, but instead, one found out at work, so I had to tell the First-To-Know friend, I found out a good friend wouldn't be coming to the get together because she wasn't feeling well, so I told her last night, and now that I'm thinking about it, it's possible that another one of my friends might know because our moms work together and I think I told my mom it's not a secret anymore... So if I think it's likely that 4 of the 10ish girls know, how likely is it that all of them know from one another by today? I guess we will find out when I come out who actually knows and who doesn't. I have no idea if the girls that I do know know will tell the others before then or if they will have waited for me to tell everyone today.

This has really taken the pressure off though. If it doesn't come up, then I won't bother saying anything. I hate making an effort to find that perfect moment to jump into the conversation to change the topic to yourself. It was really easy at work, because I don't see everyone everyday, so I get a lot of "What's new with you?" and then I just have to say "I heard my baby's heartbeat the other day!" and it's out! No contrived conversation, it's an easy in. Easy-peasy, lemon-squeezy, that's how I like it.


3 comments:

  1. TOTALLY agree! It's tough to drop that bomb! Plus... it's easier to hear online or through the grapevine anyway! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Anne! If my Mom did know... she hadn't told me!

    ReplyDelete