A blog by a self declared book geek and snob, dedicated to everything bookish...

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Day 200

I am now 200 days in to this pregnancy. Only 80 left! That seems crazy. Not only because 80 days doesn't seem like that long, but also because 200 days seems like forever!



At my 24 week Dr's appointment, my doctor made a statement about how this baby isn't a small baby, and my 28 week appointment on Friday confirmed that. For those who aren't aware, once the growth of your uterus has gotten above your belly button during pregnancy, the doctor measures it as part of your routine appointments. This measurement in centimetres should be the same number, on average, of how many weeks gestation your baby is at. At my 24 week appointment my pelvis to fundus (top of uterus) was measuring 25 cm, leading her to comment that my baby isn't small. At my 28 week appointment, she measured me about 3 times, then asked me to confirm how many weeks I am. I stated "28" and she said ok, and walked away. I asked if I was measuring a cm over still, and she said "Actually, I got 31 cm"... so... yeah... this baby is not small.... and may be splitting me in half during delivery methinks....

2 comments:

  1. Everyone always seems scared of how heavy a baby is. Something along the lines of "Do you know that Suzie had a baby that was 9 and a half pounds?! Geez, I'm glad I'm not her!" Blah blah blah. As long as your baby's head isn't much bigger than every other baby in the universe, it doesn't really matter. Until.... there was that 23lb baby born just after R & L were born. ;)

    Maybe your baby is just very tall ;)

    -JMc

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it makes you feel better, ours always measured big, but came out at 6lbs6oz. They were shocked. I think they do it just to make sure there is growth, but we certainly didn't have the ginormous baby they predicted.

    ReplyDelete