This post is inspired by one of my good friends that did something similar on her blog. I am going to put the same disclaimer that she did...
"This is one of those annoying posts that glorify how awesome my life is, and how much I have to be thankful for what I have in my life right now.
If you aren't in a place to read that right now, please don't continue reading. Put your heart first, ahead of your head"
My life is obviously not perfect, not by any stretch of the imagination. I have rough days as well as good ones, in fact, there are some days where the list that follows does not apply. Where these things do not cause me happiness, but grief instead.
My Happiness is brought to me by...
- my sweet girl whom I love and appreciate every day. Who blows my mind every day as to the things she is learning and how she is SUCH her own little person now. No longer a baby, but a toddler with her own personality. I could never imagine life without her.
- my pregnancy, and impending, second child. This one may surprise some of you considering the troubles and forthcoming unknown looming, but I really am happy about this pregnancy. I enjoy being pregnant and knowing that this baby is going to have difficulties does not change that, especially because I feel that this baby is thriving while inside me (I am really starting to get frustrated with the kicks to my ribs that seem like they can break bones, and the kicks to the lungs that wind me, but I love how strong this baby is), but one of the reasons I was so devastated by the diagnoses is because I don't want a different baby, I want this one, and I am going to do everything in my power to keep this one with me, regardless of the sacrifices I need to make.
- my marriage. Yes, I have those days where I wonder how the hell I ended up married to this guy that does these things that drive me mad, but most of the time we laugh a lot, and make fun of eachother and have date nights (even if they are just in our basement watching DVTRed shows). That I still get little giddy, teenage feelings when he talks about just the two of us going to Vegas, or Bora Bora, or wherever, even though Who Knows when these things will actually happen.
- my home. We do spend some months being a little house poor, but we are where we want to be and never regret buying this house. I love being in my old neighbourhood where everything is so familiar and my parents are just a few blocks away. I love how close we are to the school so that Brayden can just walk there in the morning, and Rosalie will too when she's old enough. I love the developed-ness of it, the fact that there are huge trees everywhere, and cracks in the sidewalk to avoid stepping on or else may result in the breaking of your mother's back.
- the opportunities I have been given. I am thankful for so much that I have.
Ah ha ha ha ha! ... crack your mother's back .... Love it. Excellent reason to choose a neighbourhood.
ReplyDelete-JMc