A blog by a self declared book geek and snob, dedicated to everything bookish...

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Prepping for Baby

I have had this urge to go and start pulling out Rosalie's old newborn (that she never wore) and 0-3 month clothes the last week or so, but I still feel like it's a bit early. We still have lots to do before we can really prep baby's nursery. One would think it would be easier the second time around, and for most, it probably is, but for me, this time it seems tougher. Last time all of our prep really happened in the last month when we took possession of our new home. We had collected things we needed (change table, crib, all that big stuff) and stored it until we could just move it all into the empty room that would become Rosalie's, set it up, and bingo-bango-bongo we we ready. This time a lot more things need to happen it seems.

First of all, a lot of shuffles need to happen. At the end of the school year, Brayden will be moving into the basement bedroom to make room for baby upstairs. But even before that move we need to clean it out and paint it. Right now, there is A LOT of crap in that room. So I think we need to cleanse a bit as well as find different places to store the things we plan on keeping (like all of my teacher crap, and as any of the teachers out there will know, that can amount to A LOT of stuff). We have collected a few more big items that will actually be put to use, like Rosalie's vanity and dresser that won't fit in the nursery room right now, but once Brayden moves into the basement room, we will paint his old room and Rosalie will move in there, along with her furniture. Then we will really start to prep for Baby in Rosalie's old room. THAT's when I can start pulling out the baby clothes.

I am also desperately trying not to buy any new baby clothes until after he/she is born. Before Rosalie was born, I went crazy buying her girl things, but also bought a few gender neutral things just in case the ultrasound tech was wrong and we had a boy. So I know we are covered for a little while with what we have, but I still need to fight the urge to buy any baby clothes... or sheets... or change table pad covers...

But really, if we have a boy I think the theme of any baby shower or baby gifts should be "DRESS THIS CHILD" because really I don't think I have anything very gender neutral after the first 3 months. If it's a girl... I will have no idea what to ask for because I think we will pretty much have everything we need...

And just for the record, anyone that has had boys in the past, I love hand-me-downs and I would REALLY appriciate them if you want to get rid of some!! Just putting it out there... ;)

1 comment:

  1. All my imaginary money is on a boy now ;)

    -JMc

    ReplyDelete