A blog by a self declared book geek and snob, dedicated to everything bookish...

Friday, May 9, 2014

Loving Them Differently...

One of the reasons I initally was hoping for a boy is that I was concerned that if I had two girls I would inevitably end up preferring one over the other, which I thought was extremely awful, but I also felt was unavoidable.

Tonight, I randomly came to the thought that it doesn't matter now, whether this baby is a boy or a girl, because no matter what happens with the diagnosis in the next couple of weeks, or things that may come to light once he or she is born, this baby will be the one that needed to stuggle and fight to come home to our family. This baby will be my little knight or heroine. Or, heaven forbid, my guardian angel.

No matter what, this baby will be loved differently than Rosalie. And I take great comfort in that fact.

1 comment:

  1. I'm just catching up on your baby news. A tear came to my eye reading this one. You and baby (and your family) are all incredibly brave, and I'm sure you're going to have a wonderful new love of your life. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete